Thursday, July 11, 2013

Review: The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith

The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith
236 Pages
Release Date: January 2nd, 2012
Publisher: Poppy/Little Brown
Genre: Romance
Level:YA
Rating: 5 STARS

Goodreads Summary:

Who would have guessed that four minutes could change everything?

Today should be one of the worst days of seventeen-year-old Hadley Sullivan's life. Having missed her flight, she's stuck at JFK airport and late to her father's second wedding, which is taking place in London and involves a soon-to-be stepmother Hadley's never even met. Then she meets the perfect boy in the airport's cramped waiting area. His name is Oliver, he's British, and he's sitting in her row.


A long night on the plane passes in the blink of an eye, and Hadley and Oliver lose track of each other in the airport chaos upon arrival. Can fate intervene to bring them together once more?


Quirks of timing play out in this romantic and cinematic novel about family connections, second chances, and first loves. Set over a twenty-four-hour-period, Hadley and Oliver's story will make you believe that true love finds you when you're least expecting it. 


MY THOUGHTS:

        THIS BOOK IS BRILLIANT!!!!! It is sarcastic and funny and beautiful and magical and wonderful and a giant BLAH of emotions!!!! Jennifer E. Smith is a genius! A terrifying, amazing, wonderful genius! I don't know why but this book....it just, it got to me. I mean Taherah read it too but I was waaaaaay more affected (or is it effected *shrugs* sorry if it is) by it! But seriously if you love just a straight up adorable love story with no intense heartbreaking love triangles/terrible situations that happen to the characters in love then this is the book for you. Now I'm not saying there isn't emotional trauma, there is (no book could be good without any) but the trauma doesn't mess with the relationship as much as most books I (we) read. And its a really quick read! I think I got through it in about 3 hours! I couldn't put it down. Basically you should read it because its good and emotional and adorable and I have no other words. ITS REALLY GOOD! I swear.
  
      Well now that we're done with that, Hadley! She is a teenager! Heart and soul. I completely believed it, she is a real person who is a teenager. Sometimes with the main character its hard to tell and you cant really figure out why any teenager would do what they happened to be doing. But not with Hadley! I understood her motives completely and probably would have done almost the exact same thing in her situation(s). I also really liked how she dealt with things...I've said this over and over again but she did what a real person in her situation would do (or at least me) she bottled it up till it became too much and came out of her in one big burst. (sorry if that was kinda spoilery) And I loved the way she thinks! Its just so....entertaining and ...real to me...like she's funny but not trying to be. I really can't explain her beyond the point that she is a teenager, I relate to her a lot, and she could definitely be one of my friends (you know...if she were real).   

     OLIVER! He's British....what more can I say?? I mean you're already swooning over him I can tell. Don't worry, me too. He is so funny and quirky! Soo not the stereotypical tortured, irritating, sarcastic soul like most (beautiful and amazing) YA guys (what? I don't want to upset them what if I meet one and he sees this!) Although to be fair Oliver is attractive and sarcastic just...happier and less moody. He is also really smart which is nice! And the thing that I love about Hayden and Oliver's relationship is although they are drawn to each other immediately it isn't those fiery "I can't breathe, holy crap, oh my gosh, who is this guy?" moments its more like...a moment when two people meet and can just tell they are good for each other in this slow burning, kindling way. (wow fire analogies GO CAITLYN) Basically I love them both and there relationship and yeah....

       I love the amount of emotion in this book. It is so intense and so great and then, in the middle there where it is just Hadley and Oliver it just stops it takes a break and lets you breathe instead of crushing you and constantly looming in the back of your mind. I swear I never ever EVER cry but I read this... and I did....at least twice... and it wasn't just like two tears and done! Noooo it was like full on crying. We're going to move on now to one last spoiler-y thing (Sorry! Its important to me) When you think about all the  little things that got Hadley and Oliver to where they are at the end of the book it is insane who something so little as five minutes or one sentence could have stopped and changed it all. When you think about that...it truly is amazing that what happened was even possible, let alone actually happened. Its just awing to me to think about... ANYWAYS read TSPoLaFS it is AWESOME AND AMAZING AND YEAH!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to read your comments! Please note that Books As You Know It is an award free blog. While we appreciate the honor and support, we don't have any time to make a post for it. Thank you though!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...