Thursday, July 4, 2013

Review: Hopeless by Colleen Hoover

Hopeless by Colleen Hoover
327 Pages
Release Date: December 19th, 2012
Publisher: Atria Paperback
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Level: YA
Rating: 5 STARS

Goodreads Summary:

Sometimes discovering the truth can leave you more hopeless than believing the lies…

That’s what seventeen-year-old Sky realizes after she meets Dean Holder. A guy with a reputation that rivals her own and an uncanny ability to invoke feelings in her she’s never had before. He terrifies her and captivates her all in the span of just one encounter, and something about the way he makes her feel sparks buried memories from a past that she wishes could just stay buried.


Sky struggles to keep him at a distance knowing he’s nothing but trouble, but Holder insists on learning everything about her. After finally caving to his unwavering pursuit, Sky soon finds that Holder isn’t at all who he’s been claiming to be. When the secrets he’s been keeping are finally revealed, every single facet of Sky’s life will change forever.





OHMYSWEETGOODNESS THIS BOOK!!!!!!! So I was completely and totally not going to read Hopeless, Taherah had told me about it and I was like.....eh. And then I was bored one day and decided *shrugs* why not?? This is not a "why not" book, Hopeless is a "You have finals but don't care because this book is beautiful and it doesn't matter that it's four in the morning you're going to finish it anyways" sort of book. (Not that that happened to me....well the finals part) Hopeless is.....intense. There is really no other word for it. It it INTENSE. Colleen Hoover starts you out making it seem like a normal fluffy contemporary novel where the girl isn't attracted to anyone but then she meets *dramatic pause and looks out into the distance* him and then......well then it gets intense. Because Holder is intense and the story is intense and Sky just goes right along with it and becomes intense too (you know...eventually). This book has romance and mystery and emotional torture (in the best way possible). So at first I borrowed Hopeless but after I had finished it I hunted it down so I could have it for myself. Its really really really good and well written and brilliant and.....mmm I think I'm just gonna to start freaking out about it.



So Sky! She doesn't feel attraction (till Holder). She has been home schooled all her life until now, her senior year of high school. (uummm... I think thats all the random facts you need to know!) Sky is fierce. Not in the mean scary way but in the sense that she is really great and nice and funny but she doesn't let anyone get under her skin! Like when she goes to school people put notes with things like "slut" and "whore" written on them and instead of breaking down she reads them as she throws them away and even laughs at some. She never cares what her image is or what people think about her because she is so secure about who she is and has amazing friends and family to support her! She changes so much as a person throughout this book but in such a way that you don't even realize it until you look back at the girl she was to the girl she is at the end of the book and see the difference. I truly love this girl, she is so strong and brave and just wonderful. Really, really wonderful....I don't think I have any other words I can use to describe her. I feel like I have a handful of words but all of them are too measly, dull, and....average to be used in describing Sky. So read the book and give me some better adjectives to describe her!!! (I apologize to the English language and all of you if adjective is the wrong word for it)

       
HOLDER! His describing word is intense. Thats it...intense. He is intense in his actions and emotions. EVERYTHING! And he's so loyal!! And chivalrous and I have no other way to describe him because all his description defining moments I want to tell you about are spoiler-y. I'm sorry, I know I have failed you *looks away* BUT he will not!!! I swear!!! He may seem bipolar at first HE IS NOT!!! Its just Holder being himself.....and intense. I love him. He is so strong and funny and exactly the kind of guy Sky needs and he is so stubborn and infuriating and just the best!!!


Both of Sky's best friends are amazing and I think you will love them too!! I won't describe them...because I'm lazy and although they are big parts in the story they don't really need to be describes plus I'm hoping my earlier words will have already convinced you to read Hopeless. READ IT!! IT IS SO WORTH IT!!!!! I swear you will start it and WILL NOT BE PHYSICALLY ABLE TO PUT IT DOWN!!!!!!!! It is THAT good!! (so good I apparently have to use all caps to describe it) I'm sitting here stroking it as I write this. Hopeless is amazing and wonderful and beautiful and supercalifragilistic! You should read it....right now.....go! I assume you're gone now and won't read this last sentence. So I'm not a crier......like I don't cry......EVER...... I cried.....at least twice.....because of this book.....and Sky..... and Holden..... and the Hopeless tattoo.......and just *tears up* UGH ITS SO GOOD IF YOUR STILL READING THIS GO READ HOPELESS!!!!!! Its so worth it..... *curls up in a ball* 


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to read your comments! Please note that Books As You Know It is an award free blog. While we appreciate the honor and support, we don't have any time to make a post for it. Thank you though!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...